Analyze This!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=the+kiss&gbv=2
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Rosie the Riveter: My Personal Image
The image to the left of the strong woman is that of Rosie the Riveter. Do you know who she is? If you are any kind of lady who has an assertive, take-charge attitude, Rosie will speak to you like she does to me! In World War II, the United States enlisted the services of many women to help fill the gaps in wartime prodution (welding, ship and airplane assembly, ammunitions). These were your average homemakers who went from wearing pantyhose to welding masks. I have a life size poster of Rosie above my desk where I work. This image was used by the United States War Coordination Committee (Propaganda) to help recruit women to fill these roles. Rosie tells women (even in 2008) that "We can do it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Kerri...welcome our class and thanks for introducing everyone to Rosie! You should consider enrolling in my Women in Art class, I think you'd enjoy it.
Have a great semester!
Michelle
This is just what I needed to hear this week! As another of my instructors has said also: "We are women-we can do anything!"
Thanks for the reminder!
Please check out my blog!There are some fun things to watch and hear on it---hope you do...
Marilyn M
Post a Comment