I chose to write about the image The World Flag Ant Farm by Yukinori Yanagi (p.15). I love this idea and I think that it is really one of the most creative things I have ever seen. This art speaks to me because I am a person who thinks often about how really miniscule we each are in the "Grand Scheme of Things". Like we all need to get over ourselves as individuals and realize how we all feed into the world (hmmm... like the ants!) Don't get me wrong, we are all very important and are each one a special creation, however, when put together as nations, we should all try better to co-exist. The human race (like the ants) are all trying to survive at the most basic of levels, right? The sand from every nation is carried to all ends of the earth.
I find the use of tiny pieces of colored sand layered together and then scattered by ants fascinating. I appreciate the human effort that must have gone into creating this exhibit. It is almost humorous to me that insects will alter the art and destroy it in the end. (Also-- very much like the humans...)
Analyze This!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=the+kiss&gbv=2
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment